Backup and Restore, dbDigger, System Databases
Use following steps for SQL Server 7.0 and SQL Server 2000 to restore the master database on a SQL Server cluster
- Identify which node SQL Server is currently running on, such as node1.
- From Cluster Administrator, take the SQL Server resources off-line.
- Go to the node running SQL Server (see step 1) and start it from the command prompt using:
sqlservr.exe -c -m
- Restore the master database using Query Analyzer or Enterprise Manager.
- Quit SQL Server from the command prompt.
- Using Cluster Administrator, restart the SQL Server services.